Heliflite is the leader and longest serving, authorised Robinson helicopter distributor for sales, servicing and spare parts
Simply no Rivals
The AW139 is the market-leading intermediate twin-engine helicopter - the benchmark for safety design features, performance capabilities and productivity in challenging multi-role operations all over the world.
The aircraft features leading edge technology, including a Honeywell Primus Epic fully integrated avionics system and 4-axis digital AFCS and benefits from the best-in-class power reserve and outstanding power to weight ratio, which provides Category A performance capabilities with no limitations in a wide range of operating conditions, including ‘hot and high’.
Passengers and mission operators benefit from the largest, most comfortable cabin in the intermediate twin-engine class.
The AW139 is a new generation medium twin-turbine helicopter setting new standards against which all medium twins are measured.
Designed with inherent multi-role capability and flexibility of operation, the AW139 is capable of carrying up to 15 passengers at very high speed, in a most spacious and comfortable cabin. The ample baggage compartment is accessible both from the cabin and externally.
The AW139 provides the best power reserve of any helicopter in the medium twin-engine class. A brand new helicopter, it fully complies with the latest stringent requirements in terms of performance and safety. Its Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6C-67C turbines, together with a state-of-the-art 5-bladed main rotor, deliver a high cruise speed even in demanding conditions at all weights. They deliver an outstanding power to weight ratio, which allows Category “A” performance capabilities with no limitations in a wide range of operating conditions including ‘hot and high’. Leading edge technology includes a Honeywell Primus Epic fully integrated avionics system, a 4-axis digital AFCS and large flat panel colour displays in the cockpit. Full icing protection is available as an option.
As a result of the new design approach the AW139 uses fewer components, benefits from integrated avionics and provides easy accessibility to all systems for simplified maintenance tasks. The AW139 can be used for a wide range of applications including executive/VIP transport, EMS/SAR, offshore OGP support, fire fighting, law enforcement, paramilitary and military roles.
- Max take off 6400 / 6800* kg (14110 / 14991* lb)
- Max useful load 2680kg (5909 lb)
- Engine Rating (2 x Pratt & Whitney PT6C - 67C)
- Take off power (5 min) 2 x 1252 kW (2 x 1679 shp)
- Maximum continuous power 2 x 1142 kW (2 x 1531 shp)
- O.E.I. max contingency power 1396 kW (1872 shp)
- O.E.I. max continuous power 1252 kW (1679 shp)
- Take off power (5 min) 1641 kW (2200 shp)
- Maximum continuous power 1491 kW (2000 shp)
- O.E.I. max contingency power 1193 kW (1600 shp)
- O.E.I. max continuous power 1044 kW (1400 shp)
- Standard 1568 l 414 USgal
- Auxiliary 500 l 132 USgal
- Pilots/passengers 1 - 2/15
- Length (rotors turning) 16.66m (54.66 ft)
- Overall height 4.99m (46.37 ft)
- Main rotor diameter 13.80m (42.58 ft)
- Performance (ISA, 6400 kg / 14110 lb)
- VNE 310 km / h 167 kts
- Max cruise speed 306 km / h 165 kts
- Rate of climb > 10.9 m / s > 2140 ft / min
- Hovering IGE (TOP) 4682 m 15360 ft
- Hovering OGE (TOP) 2478 m 8130 ft
- Service ceiling (MCP) 60